Jazz Aviation LP is the largest regional air carrier in Canada, operating more flights and flying to more Canadian destinations than any other airline. Jazz’s company intranet, JazzNet, supports over 5,000 users - from Jazz employees to contractors to regulators - and has become the key vehicle for company information and the portal to applications for every department throughout Jazz.
WSOL worked with Jazz to redesign the JazzNet intranet, addressing the challenges of connecting employees worldwide, creating a single repository for Jazz’s content, simplifying the system to make it easier for users to create and share content, and establishing a formal communication process that would meet industry regulation requirements.
What We Did
- Ektron CMS and eSync
- Responsive Web Design
- Active Directory integration
- Content personalization
- Outlook Web Access integration
- Enhanced Search features
- Improved navigation
- RSS feeds
- Multilingual capabilities
- Employees can now access JazzNet from a multitude of locations and devices, allowing them full use of the Intranet whether they are within the corporate headquarters or on an individual plane, and whether they are using a desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- Improved performance provides Jazz’s employees with fast access to the information and tools that they need.
- JazzNet’s redesigned Message Centre allows each user to create a personalized experience, saving favorite pages or documents and opting in or out of notifications as needed.
- A critical alert functionality allows messages about regulatory standards to be sent out to all staff and acknowledge that messages were received and read. This information can be tracked and reported on to meet government requirements.
“Putting our trust in the expertise and experience of the WSOL team was the right decision,” said Krista MacDonald, Manager, Business Services Portfolio at Jazz. “We have employees in over 50 locations across Canada performing diverse job functions, including pilots, flight attendants, aircraft maintenance engineers, customer service agents, administrative personnel, and more. Creating a site that met the needs of so many groups was overwhelming to consider. Our hard work has certainly paid off.”
JazzNet has been recognized by the Web Marketing Association with a 2014 WebAward for Outstanding Achievement in Web Development, winning an Intranet Standard of Excellence award.