WSOL is on the hunt for a Digital Strategist to join our team.
Who we are:
WSOL is a small interactive agency located just west of Chicago. We focus on helping organizations of all sizes take advantage of the awesome potential of the Web. Our design and development teams are comprised of thought leaders, subject matter experts and creative thinkers. We're looking for a few more people to help us in our mission of driving the web forward, by building the smartest and best performing web experiences we can for each of our client partners.
What we do:
We build responsive websites, intranets, and mobile/web applications for a diverse base of clients including universities, hospitals, manufacturers, medium sized businesses, and well...you name it. We’re proponents of device agnostic design, so we worry about making the stuff we build work across browsers, devices and platforms.
What kind of stuff you would be doing:
Our Digital Strategists play a key role in leading the overarching engagement strategy for our growing list of exclusive retainer clients. As a Digital Strategist, you are responsible for vetting client requests, providing strategic guidance, account planning, critical thinking, problem solving and relationship-building. You'll work with our team of thought leaders and industry experts to define creative solutions and deliver results for our clients.
Our ideal candidate will possess a mature level of professionalism, and be able to demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Have 3-5 years of experience in a consulting or a digital agency role
- You must be an exceptional and efficient communicator (written and verbal)
- You must be able to breakdown and explain complex strategies to both our team and the client
- You must have a business mindset—you think in terms of costs, efficiency, and profit, and can put it all together for solid long-term strategy
- You must be able to take ownership of client relationships
- You must be able to handle multiple initiatives across multiple clients at one time
- You must have a GSD attitude. You take pride in leading by example and being hyper-focused on delivering on our promises to our clients
- You must think like an advisor, not a sales person. You're naturally persuasive, but not sales-y or remotely unethical
Our ideal candidate will possess a mature level of web platform technical understanding and be able to demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- You must have a deep understanding of how to provide value to our clients by way of analytical reporting. You will not be required to generate said reporting but you will need to guide the team and the client towards what is required. In addition, you will need to be well versed in the following areas:
- Detailing how to calculate ROI and TCO
- Explain how to integrate systems for closed loop reporting
- Understand campaign management and click tracking
- You must demonstrate a solid understanding for web project lifecycle in order to guide our team and the clients toward successful digital strategies. This will require a thorough understanding of the following lifecycle stages: Discovery, Design, Development, Quality Control, UAT, and Deployment
- You must have background experience with technical website implementation. This will include a clear understanding of how the following terms play a role in an overarching client digital strategy (CMS, API, Web Service, REST, SOAP, Signal Sign On, SAML, IIS, ASP.NET, SSL, Hosting, Web Server, Database Server, Azure, AWS and error codes)
WSOL offers a full line of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K savings plan, short/long term disability and life insurance. Unlimited personal time, generous vacation time, free lunches on Wednesdays and the opportunity to give back to our community through our WSOL Cares initiatives are other reasons to work here. Most importantly we provide an engaging and collaborative environment that lets everyone fulfill their goals.
Please email your resume to email@example.com