WSOL is on the hunt for a Digital Strategist to join our team.
WHO WE ARE:
WSOL is a 30-person interactive agency located just west of Chicago. We focus on helping organizations of all sizes take advantage of the awesome potential of the Web. Our team is comprised of thought leaders, subject matter experts and creative thinkers. We're looking for a few more people to help us in our mission of driving the web forward, by building the smartest and best performing web experiences we can for each of our client partners.
WHAT WE DO:
We build responsive websites, intranets, and mobile/web applications for a diverse base of clients including universities, hospitals, manufacturers and a variety of other mid to large-size businesses. Our clients need a strategy that meets the needs of their audience and delivers measurable results. We design digital solutions that grow businesses, strengthen brands and engage audiences. Our team blends aesthetic creativity with insights, analytics and powerful technology to deliver beauty, function, accessibility and most of all, ROI. We specialize in Episerver CMS and the Hubspot stack of digital marketing software.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Our Digital Strategists lead the overarching engagement strategy for our growing list of exclusive retainer clients. As a Digital Strategist at WSOL, some of the ways you'll contribute include:
- Account planning to build long term relationships with our clients
- Vetting client requests to ensure strategic understanding
- Providing strategic guidance based on technical knowledge, critical thinking, problem solving and relationship building
- Collaborating with the WSOL production team to define creative solutions and deliver results for our clients
Our ideal candidate will possess a mature level of professionalism, and be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- 3-5 years of experience in a consulting or a digital agency role
- Exceptional and efficient communicator (written and verbal)
- Be able to breakdown complex problems, reframing the technical or design solutions our team proposes into strategies that provide clarity for our clients and our team
- Have a business mindset—you think in terms of costs, efficiency, and profit, and can put it all together for solid long-term strategy
- Take ownership of client relationships
- Handle multiple initiatives across multiple clients at one time
- Maintain a "GSD" attitude. You take pride in leading by example and being hyper-focused on delivering on our promises to our clients
- Think like an advisor, not a sales person. You're naturally persuasive, but not sales-y or remotely unethical
- Where others see chaos, you see opportunity to take the helm of the ship, and steer the client toward greater success.
A successful Digital Strategist will possess a mature level of web platform technical understanding and be able to demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- You live for measurable impact and understand the value of analytical reporting
- You know how to communicate value to clients, and even better, you know how important it is to be able to back it up with data.
- You can demonstrate how to calculate ROI and TCO through closed loop reporting
- You understand things like campaign management and click tracking
- You must demonstrate a solid understanding for web project lifecycle in order to guide our team and the clients toward successful digital strategies. This will require a thorough understanding of the following lifecycle stages: Discovery, Design, Development, Quality Control, UAT, and Deployment
- Your experience has led you to accumulate strong technical fluency. You can understand complex technical concepts (related to things like: CMS, API, Web Service, REST, SOAP, Single Sign On, SAML, IIS, ASP.NET, SSL, Hosting, Web Server, Database Server, Azure, AWS and error codes)
WSOL offers a full line of benefits including competitive salary, medical/ dental/vision insurance, 401K retirement plan, short/long term disability and life insurance. Unlimited personal time, generous vacation time, free lunches on Wednesdays and the opportunity to give back to our community through our WSOL Cares initiatives are other reasons to work here. Most importantly we provide an engaging and collaborative environment that lets everyone fulfill their goals.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org